Connect the dots

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Turn and Mopti



With everyone recovered and well rested, we made our way back up the escarpment to the picturesque villages of Indalou and Begnimato, both nestled along the edge of the cliffs.



But soon it was my turn to give into the heat and I was nauseous and cranky as ever. No matter how much fluid I drank, it never seemed to be enough. And when there was no wind to cool the air down at night, sleep was lost. I was not a happy camper.

I finally decided in my delirium that I wanted this part of the trip to end and I needed some creature comforts to soothe my heat stricken self. We were off to Mopti for a pirogue ride in the Niger and a hotel complete with air conditioning and a pool! Hallelujah, my prayers answered.



No comments:

Post a Comment